- We collect various pieces of information about you in connection with the operation of GoBoat. We collect information about you and your use of GoBoat in two ways: Through the so-called ‘cookies’ and through registration and use of GoBoat.
- Cookies are small bits of information that GoBoat places on your computer’s hard drive, on your tablet or on your smart phone. Cookies contain information that GoBoat uses to streamline communication between you and your web browser. The cookie does not identify you as an individual user but identifies your computer.
- There are two types of cookies – session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are bits of information that are deleted when you close your web browser. Persistent cookies are bits of information that are stored on your computer until they are deleted. Persistent cookies delete themselves after a certain period of time but are renewed each time you visit GoBoat. GoBoat uses both temporary and persistent cookies.
- We use similar technologies that store and read information on the browser or device, which utilizes local units and local storage, such as HTML 5 cookies and other technologies. These technologies can work across your browsers. In some cases, the use of these technologies is not controlled by the browser but require special tools. We use these technologies to store information that is used to pick up irregularities in the use of GoBoat’s online properties.
- A cookie can contain text, numbers, or for example, a date, but there is no personal data contained in a cookie. It is not a programme and cannot contain viruses.
- For statistics, i.e.: measuring traffic on GoBoat, including the number of visits to GoBoat, what domains visitors come from, what pages they look at on GoBoat and what general geographic area the user is in.
- To enhance the functionalities functionality: improve the functionality and optimize your experience of GoBoat.
- For targeted marketing, i.e.: display specific marketing by GoBoat relevant for the user.
- GoBoat provides access for its third party’s suppliers to inspect the contents of the cookies that are set by GoBoat. This information shall be used exclusively on behalf of GoBoat and must not be used for the third party’s own purposes.
Google Ads: For marketing purposes.
Facebook: Facebook cookies for statistics and marketing purposes
- Most browsers allow you to erase cookies from your hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. In some cases, our services and features cannot be used by you because they require cookies to remember choices you make.
- You always have the option to delete cookies stored on your computer.
- GoBoat uses Google Analytics to analyse how users use GoBoat. The information generated by the cookie about your use (traffic data, including your IP address) is transmitted to and stored on Google’s servers in the United States. Google uses this information to evaluate your use of GoBoat, compiling reports on the activity of GoBoat and providing other services relating to the operation of GoBoat and internet use. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if required by law or if third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
- Google Analytics sets two types of cookies: (a) persistent cookies providing information on whether the user is recurrent, where the user is coming from, which search engine is used, keywords, etc., and (b) session cookies that are used to show when and how long a user uses GoBoat. Session cookies expire after each session, that is, when you close your tab or browser. Google will not process your IP address with other data, Google holds.
GoBoat Solarwaterworld GmbH
Schlesische Str. 28
T: [+49] 30 8145349-80
- Protecting your personal data is our highest priority regardless of whether such personal data relates to you, your transactions, your products or your services.
- It is important for us to keep your personal data safe and confidential. We have procedures for collecting, storing, deleting, updating and disclosing personal data to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data and to comply with applicable laws.
- We ensure fair and transparent computing. When we ask you to provide us with your personal data, we will let you know what personal data we process about you and for what purpose such personal data is being processed. You will receive information about this at the time of collection of your personal data.
- When you book a service of GoBoat or otherwise receive GoBoat services, we collect the following customer data about you: first name, last name, phone number, email and IP address. If you buy a gift card you may include the name for the receiver as well – this is not obligatory.
- We collect the following data about you: date, start time, end time point, price, amount paid, comments, location (Copenhagen, Malmö, Berlin, Aalborg or London) (all “Booking Data”). In addition, we will collect information about boat number, the voltage level of the batteries in the boat, and GPS positions of the boat while you sail. This information on boat number, voltage level and GPS position will be anonymized when you end your use of our boats.
Other Personal Data:
- Additionally, we will automatically collect the following data in order to provide the GoBoat service, which may include:
OS Name & Version
Browser Name & Version
Language (based on headers sent by browser)
Usage Date & Time
Usage Flow (e.g. which presentations/slides were opened and in which order, which emails were opened and which links in emails were clicked, duration of time spent on presentations and specific slides etc.)
Heat map (e.g. tracking of exactly what was clicked during the usage session, including links, images, selected areas of text etc.)
- The types of data mentioned above will additionally be processed and stored for any third party individual if you forward an email with a link to a presentation or send a link to a presentation directly to the aforementioned third party individual.
- We collect and store your personal data for specific purposes or other legitimate business purposes.
- Your personal data is collected and used for: to provide you with GoBoat service information and news,
- to support GoBoat and services offered on or through GoBoat,
- to contact you for feedback about our services,
- to conduct research about GoBoat’s customer base or services,
- to fulfil your reservation and purchase requests,
- to process your payments including credit checks and collection,
- to notify you of technical updates or changes in policy,
- to contact you for our own marketing and promotional purposes, or
- to process contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions and fulfil any related awards or discounts.
- We may use non-Personal Data such as demographic data to analyse and develop our marketing strategy and further improve GoBoat and our services.
Relevant Personal Data
- We only process personal data about you that is relevant and sufficient in relation to the purpose defined above. The specific purpose is crucial when determining what kind of personal data about you is relevant to us. The same applies to the extent of personal data we use. For example, we do not process more personal data about you than what is needed for the specific purpose.
Required Personal Data
- We verify that the personal data we process about you is correct and not misleading. We also make sure to update your personal data on a regular basis. We ask you to provide us with relevant changes to your personal data. You can use the contact details above to notify us of such changes.
- We delete your personal data when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, processed and stored.
- Your personal data will always be processed in accordance with good data processing practices (“Gute Behandlung praxisDaten”) and in accordance with applicable laws.
Data Quality Policies:
- We collect Personal Data from you and the Data Subject when you activate the service we provide and when you and the Data Subject use GoBoat.
- We collect Personal Data from you when you register for GoBoat. To participate in certain activities and to obtain certain services or documents offered on GoBoat, you may be asked to provide additional Personal Data such as credit card information. We endeavor to limit our requests for Personal Data to information we believe is reasonably necessary to achieve our purposes as described in the “Purpose” section below.
Visit On Our Website
- When you visit GoBoat’s website, we also collect non-Personal Data, which is information that by itself cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information (e.g. age or gender) or usage information (e.g. the browser you are using, the URL that referred you to GoBoat and the areas of GoBoat you visit). We may also supplement the information we collect with information from other sources to assist us in evaluating and improving our Platform and offerings.
IP Adresses And Browser Settings
- For each visit to GoBoat’s website, the used IP address and browser settings are registered. Your IP address is the address of the computer you use to visit GoBoat’s website. Browser settings are, for example, the browser type you are using, browser language, time zone, etc. The IP address and browser settings are registered to ensure that GoBoat can always identify the computer used in case of abuse or unauthorized use in connection with the visit to or use of GoBoat’s website. The IP address is also used to determine your approximate location (at city IP-address level).
- When submitting information, including personal data on GoBoat’s website, we will log your demographic location. This information will be published along with the information you have uploaded to your profile.
- If you sign up to receive GoBoat’s newsletters, your personal data is registered directly with GoBoat. If you no longer wish to receive newsletters from GoBoat, you can unsubscribe by sending an e-mail hereon to email@example.com.
Information From Other Services, Including Social Networks
- As part of GoBoat, we allow you to connect your GoBoat profile with your profiles on other services, including Facebook, Google and LinkedIn (“Social Networks”). If you choose to connect your profile with social networking profiles, personal data about you from these social networks will automatically be obtained.
- The type of personal data we collect from other Social Networks depends on the information you have provided to the Social Networks in question and on your settings on the specific Social Networks with regard to information sharing from these services.
- When you request that your GoBoat profile be linked to a Social Networks profile, you will be informed about the information which is automatically retrieved from that specific service by GoBoat before your request is executed.
- GoBoat applies anonymization of data from customers for statistic and research purposes, as well as to improve systems, processors and products.
- GoBoat irrevocably anonymizes Personal Data in such a way that the Data Subject can no longer be identified.
- For example, name, address or personal identification number will be replaced by a code, serial number, etc. Codes are assigned randomly and cannot be restored using lists, keys, etc., showing the relationship between the serial number and the actual identification information. This also means that Personal Data, such as image, a person’s voice, fingerprints or genetic characteristics are deleted in connection with anonymization.
- Contact information will be updated and permanently deleted on a continuous basis. E-mails that may affect the determination of a legal claim must be stored for 5 years and then deleted, unless a legal claim has been raised or GoBoat suspects one will be raised.
Other Personal Data
- GoBoat does not collect other types of Personal Data about you.
- By using the Services provided by us you consent to, and grant us and our affiliated companies an unlimited, free of charge and transferable right to use content, including any personal data as well as any other intellectual property, submitted to us by you for the purposes of operating GoBoat.
- We obtain your consent before processing your personal data for the purposes described above unless we have a legal basis for obtaining them. We do not collect any personal data prior to obtaining your consent, which is granted at installation of GoBoat. We inform you of such a basis and our legitimate interest in processing your personal data.
- Your consent is voluntary and you can withdraw it at any time by contacting us. Use the contact information above for more information.
- We do not disclose your personal data without your consent. If we pass your personal data to partners and subcontractors, including for marketing purposes, we obtain your prior consent hereto and inform you on what your personal data will be used for. You may object to this form of disclosure at any time.
- We will not obtain your consent if we are legally required to disclose your personal data, for example, as part of reporting to a public authority.
- We may disclose Personal Data to other companies or people under any of the following circumstances:
- If sharing the information is reasonably necessary to provide or otherwise make available GoBoat and any feature of GoBoat or a service that you have requested.
- To keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, or other information we think you would like to hear about either from us or from our business partners (unless you have opted out of these types of communications). (Note that you will not be able to opt out of service announcements that contain important information relevant to your use of GoBoat and are not promotional in nature.)
- If we are required to do so by law, in connection with litigation, to prevent a crime, or to protect personal property, the public, or GoBoat.
- In connection with a sale or merger with another entity, consolidation, restructuring, sale of company assets, financing or other corporate change, including during the course of any due diligence process or if GoBoat should ever file for bankruptcy or related proceeding.
- When we otherwise have the Data Subject’s consent to share the information.
- GoBoat may also share non-Personal Data with third parties (e.g. aggregate or demographic data).
- If you connect your profile with your profile on social networks, information such as profile picture, name, date of birth and geographical location from your social network profile will be used to identify you. Information obtained from such social networking may then be available on your profile.
- If your contacts or their contacts (collectively “Contacts”) on social networks are linked to GoBoat, we may show on your profile how you are connected through social networking with others. As a user, you agree that GoBoat may make this information available.
Transmission To Services You Associate Your Profile With
- If you choose to connect your profile with social network profiles, personal data will be shared or displayed in connection with your social network profile.
Transmission To Other Services
- We do not transfer your personal data to social network service.
Disclosure For Legal Reasons
- We disclose Personal Data to companies, organizations or individuals outside of our group of companies if we believe in good faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure is necessary to: (1) comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (2) enforce applicable user terms, including investigation of potential violations, (3) register, prevent or otherwise protect against address fraud, security or technical issues, or (4) indemnifying us, our users or the public’s rights, property or safety, as required.
Third Party Platforms
- GoBoat may contain links to other platforms. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other platforms. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each platform you access from our platform.
- GoBoat does not use your personal data for profiling.
Data Subject Rights:
- If you contact GoBoat, GoBoat will inform you of what personal data of you GoBoat is processing, the purpose of the processing, who receives the personal data and the information om where from the personal data originates. We will reply to your request as soon as possible. If your request has not been answered within 4 weeks of receipt, GoBoat will inform you of the reason for this and when a decision is expected to be available. Any inquiry about the above will only be answered if more than 6 months have elapsed since your last request unless you can demonstrate a particular interest in getting the information earlier.
Correctness of Data
- The processing of your personal data will be organized so that the information can be updated when needed. Information that proves inaccurate or misleading will be promptly rectified or erased. You are responsible for providing us with information to help ensuring the correctness of your personal data.
Right of Access
- Upon your written request, we will provide you with information on whether or not we process personal data concerning you. We will also provide you with information on 1) what information is processed, 2) the purposes, 3) the categories of recipients of the personal data and 4) available information about the source of the personal data.
- We will provide such information to you within 4 weeks from the date of receipt of your request. If we cannot provide such information to you within the stated 4 weeks after the date of receipt of your request, we will provide you with information of the reason for this and the time when the information is likely to be available.
- We will retain all Customer Data for as long as we need it to provide you with GoBoat services.
- Please note that: (1) there might be some latency in deleting this personal data from our servers and back-up storage, and (2) we may retain this personal data if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
- Your Customer Data will automatically be deleted within 5 years after the deletion of your account. Booking Data and other personal data provided to us will be deleted five (5) years from the data we received such information.
Sub data processor:
- We use third party data processors to perform the technical operation of GoBoat. This company acts as a sub data processor in relation to personal data. GoBoat is the Data Processor.
- Sub data processing is carried out within the European Union. The database server is hosted in its own isolated environment protected by a firewall, which prevents the data from being directly accessible to any external party. The majority (database & main server) of our data is stored within the European Union, primarily at Amazon’s facilities in Ireland. We are in the process of moving our backup server to the European Union, as well as other third Party Vendors.
185 Berry Street, Suite 550
San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Server localisation: Ireland/US
Type of agreement: Data Processing Agreement. Model Clauses cover all transfers of EU personal data between Stripe Payments Europe and Stripe, Inc., including user data and end-customer cardholder data.
350 Ellis Street
Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
Server localisation: US
Type of agreement: Model Clause Agreement
Type of agreement:
- Data Processing Agreement
- The sub data processor acts solely on our instructions which are based on your instructions. The sub data processor has taken the necessary technical and organizational security measures to protect data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and against the unauthorized disclosure, abuse or other processing in violation of applicable law.
- It is important for us that Personal Data is kept secure. We have strict security procedures for the collection, storage and transfer of Personal Data to prevent unauthorized access and to comply with applicable law. Our security is checked regularly. The information and Personal Data you provide to us is stored on our own or one of Personal Data you and the Data Subject input before sending them on to us.
- We have taken necessary technical and organizational security measures to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and against the unauthorized disclosure, abuse or other processing in violation of applicable law.
- We store and process your Personal Data on IT systems with controlled and limited access. The systems are located on servers in secured premises.
- We use industry standards such as firewalls and authentication protection to safeguard your Personal Data.
- If you send Personal Data by e-mail to us, you should be aware that this is not secure if your email is not encrypted.
- All data transferred between client (browser and web app) and server(s) are encrypted with the HTTPS Protocol.
- We have full access to all data stored in database(s) and server(s). The purpose of this is primarily to provide customer support, in particular when trying to emulate a specific usage situation when troubleshooting. Data will be accessed “on an as-needed basis”.
- All static data (e.g. pictures, videos, files etc.) uploaded to the GoBoat file archive, which is stored in the Amazon S3 service environment connected to the Amazon CDN Service are neither encrypted nor password protected. Therefore we recommend password protecting all sensitive documents.
- Files that are manually chosen to be password protected within our service are encrypted and are under no circumstances available to us.
- GoBoat runs a backup of all databases and files on shared drives every night. The backup is stored on an internal server and partly on an external data centre.
- We perform the following types of backup:
- Backup rolling. This method takes a daily backup of all file and data updates and creates a backup of all the new data. This creates a history of changes, thus increasing the ability to recover lost data.
- Backup clone. This backup strategy creates a perfect copy of each device on the network.
- Backup offsite. This backup ensures data loss if backup is stored on site. All data and files are backed up and backup stored offsite.
- All backup data and files are overwritten at 30-day intervals. It is not technically possible to completely delete individual files on a backup before such overwriting occurs. That is, if you have asked GoBoat for deletion of your Personal Data, such personal data will be deleted in the live environment, but will remain on backup until the specific backup is overwritten after 30 days. However, GoBoat has introduced internal processes and procedures to ensure that your Personal Data is not reintroduced as live data by reloading data and files from a backup if your data has been deleted according to your “right to be forgotten.”